Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dinner experience @Xian Ding Wei Taiwanese Tea Room

Right... weekend eatout @ Queensbay.... but then we did not have any identified restaurant to try out...

We were strolling at level two when we spotted this new restaurant at a far corner end..
Never seen this restaurant before, must be very very newly opened..

It looks very welcoming, so we decided to have a try... :)


The new restaurant, Xian Ding Wei Taiwanese Tea Room... here we come..!



Wah..... So many many mouth-watering taiwanese foods in the menu....

After a thorough look thru on the menu... we ordered this Taiwan Braised Pork Rice (滷肉饭)...


The pork rice is juicy and fragrant...it has a mixture of lean meat and fatty portion.... nice one..

I can just gobble up the whole bowl immediately >.<


This is the 台湾三杯鸡, direct translation would be like Taiwanese 3 variety chicken...fried together with red chilies and basil leaves... extremely aromatic... the meat is all from drumstick, awfully tender and juicy.....

Thumbs up!!!!!


We also ordered this 红糟炸排骨, well known as Pork Chop with wine... temptingly crispy and juicy; however, the pork meat inside is just too little to taste the pork at all..

I love the environment set up in the restaurant... with purple theme... I love purple!!!


We can eat our meal more comfortably as it is set up with all sofas instead os the usually small hard chairs..


See! I just love purple...... purple is just so soothing.... :)

Very nice experience eating out here although it is abit pricey....

Not bad at all for a romantic dinner... ;)


13 comments:

talee16 said...

the food is not bad, but certainly can be better!

Ice said...

all the food look very inviting!

Is Queensbay in West Malaysia or East Malaysia?

XiaoBai said...

It is in Queensbay Mall in Penang Island..coming back to Msia any time soon?

Ice said...

Xiao Bai,
To answer your question in my blog.
I usually go back to Msia once in a blue moon. And that will be this year. I'll be spending time only in Singapore and Ipoh. Unfortunately not Penang. If you wish, soaps can be mailed to you when I'm in Msia. I see the PosLaju (track & trace) is so cheap. But if still not convenient, will have to wait until the next blue moon.

If you really like to try handmade soaps, I think KL do sell them (those soaps are imported from Taiwan). They cost about RM29 each. It's called "Ah Yuan Soap). One of the distributor has a blogspot. http://a-yuansoap.blogspot.com/

Not sure if they have a branch in Penang or not. I've never tried their soaps. Their colours are not as pretty as mine! Haha! Don't you think? Just for your information, my soap costs A$5.00 each. Handmade soaps are more gentle than commercial soaps like Lux or Palmolive. You probably already know :o)

XiaoBai said...

Ai Shiang,

yah... Poslaju is good :)
When this year you will be in Msia? Maybe I can book some from you..

AhYuanSoap not as attractive.. >.<

Ice said...

XiaoBai,
I will be in Msia in middle of May this year. Only for 1 week. I usually go back once every 5 years (at least).

Do you prefer soaps design with swirls or layering?

Oh! You already knew AhYuan soap? Have you tried any handmade soaps in Msia so far?

XiaoBai said...

hi AI Shiang,

wow.. every 5 years... that's really once in a blue moon.....!!
I like both swirls and layering...and i like the soap ice cream you post in your blog... would like to try out yours too!!
Yah.. heard before...however handmade soaps are not really that common yet in Msia and it is also more expensive that those normal soaps.. not much varities to choose from either....

Ice said...

You're right, handmade soaps are still very new in Msia. But elsewhere like US, Europe, Australia. They are very common. That's why they are not as expensive. Usually between A$5-$7.70 for those individually made ones. And A$10.00 for branded ones. But if they are handmade, their quality are the same.
But, cannot be compare with normal soaps. Normal soaps have synthetic detergent that leaves you with dry skin. So, applying lotion/moisturiser is still very important to take care of your skin.

I'm planning to make some soaps in early April. Because the soaps needs 4 weeks to harden and dry (we call it to "cure" or age like making cheeses). Will let you know or perhaps will post pictures too.

XiaoBai said...

Wah Wah... got new soap fresh from the oven hor.... I want some..how many types will you be doing? Are you going to do some with 'cooling effect' ones...
I will get some from you like ~10 pieces, 2 of each kind?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ice said...

Oh! You want 10 pieces har? I'll keep that in mind. I'm planning to make at least 4 types. Maybe more, but will not be less.

I am wondering, is it better to send to you by PosLaju or PosDaftar? Which one is more secured? Does PosDaftar have weight limit?

XiaoBai said...

I rarely use PosDaftar... I am mroe familiar with Pos laju... :)

then i wanna book 2 pieces for each type can??

thanks thansk :)

Ice said...

No problem. PosLaju then.

I've just posted 2 recent soaps. I still have the "rose geranium & lavender" soaps. Would you like me to hold 2 pieces of rose geranium & lavender for you?

Post a Comment