Saturday, October 2, 2010

I just love this saying from Friday Reflections...

Ported over from Friday Reflections: The saying just touched me so...

Reflections: From Never Die Easy, The autobiography of Walter Payton by Don Yaeger (with permission)

If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It does not mean they accomplished it or failed, it means they have given it their best. That is a winner.

All those honors are great, but personally I would ask that anyone who wants to pay tribute to me, for any reason, I would say there is one thing you could do above everything else and that is: Never let a day go by where you neglect to tell your loved ones that you love them. For you never know what tomorrow may have in store. Remember, tomorrow is promised to no one.


“What we once enjoyed, we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” -Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment