Thursday, July 9, 2009

My 1st kayaking experience

I never try kayaking until I was in Austin.

There is this popular Zilker Park linkup with Town Lake just few minutes drive from our place.

Was quite nervous because I never tried and I am damn lousy in swimming and might be drowned.... -__-

Lucky I tried, and that was a whole new exciting experience opening up a whole new page in the book of my life.



This is where we rented our equipment @ Zilker Park..

There are a lot of people gathered here as well for kayaking as this is a popular activity during summer.




This is the starting point of our kayaking journey... see? the family of geese!!


Kayaking surrounded by a crowd of geese... and crystal clear blue river...

Jeezzz... that's my 1st time =)


We stepped into the very cool shallow water until above the knee, jump up to our kayak, and excitedly, our journey begins!!




We tried paddle the kayak heading to Town Lake to downtown Austin...
We don't really know how to paddle it and our kayak always went to the wrong direction or beign swept to the sides....

It took us quite awhile to know how to make the kayak heads to the right directions!!

Is not easy to balance ourselves in the kayak.. my heart beating in fear that few times we were nearly off balance and collapsed... -___-"'



We finally get the hang out of it and slowly heading out...

Wow... I never knew it would be so beautiful....This is indeed fascinating...

And hey!!! Is so cute watching the geese family swimming across in one row, and so near I can touch them...


I looked down on the cool water... and is very clean and clear...


And gosh!!!! I saw this little baby turtle swimming beside my kayak!!! Wow...!!!
See that?!

Geezzz.... This is mesmerizing...so stunningly gorgeous...you have to come and see it for yourself...



Ooohhh.....so many tortoises realxing on the stones bathing the warm sunny summer afternoon...



Holy cow!! What a picture!!
This is the Town Lake overlooking downtown Austin on a summer afternoon kayaking in the middle of nowhere...

Hehee... even the geese couple come out dating together with us kayaking.. =)
This is such a wonderful summer afternoon, experiencing the best-est nature!


Panaromic view of Town Lake and the prosper of Austin.. I just love it..


Oppsss.....some lady too thrilled that she stood on top of her board and paddled her way thru with only her bikini on...

Not something we usually see.... cheerz to her courage...!

And see the bridge on top..... a naked guy standing on the side, trying to perform a dive into the cool water...



Is the summer too hot that you need to be naked?!


No comments:

Post a Comment